Currently Recruiting last updated 29th January 2020
Keen to get stuck into a role with great prospects? We are looking for someone motivated and experienced to join our ARB approved team of tree surgeons. Your role will be to assist your team leader on both new and existing contracts whilst working towards becoming an integral part of the team.
About the Role
Working for a successful and expanding rural and environmental contracting company based in Hertfordshire, your role will encompass:
- Assisting your team leader with a number of long term and one-off contracts to a high standard
- Climbing on a regular basis and providing aerial rescue support for the rest of the team
- Liaising with clients on site to provide a professional service
- Assisting your team leader with the health and safety of employees and the public for each project.
- Responsibility of equipment and inspection records
- Maintaining personnel climbing equipment, including weekly inspections
- Assisting your team leader with vehicle inspections and other weekly checks
- Assisting the foreman with duties around the yard from time to time
About the Rewards
- Hours: Full time
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive - DOE
- Transport: Work vehicles provided during working hours
- Equipment: All equipment required for the professional and safe accomplishment of projects is provided
- Professional Development: An annual personal training and development plan is part of your package to ensure that your skills and qualifications are continually progressing
- Location: The daily meeting place for work is the office near Windsor, Berkshire.
- Projects are usually within a commutable distance, although travel may be required from time to time
We want you! If you can fulfil most or all of the following criteria:
- Professional and presentable demeanour with positive client liaison skills
- Practical tree knowledge with NPTC units CS30, 31, 38, 39 as a minimum
- A minimum of one years' commercial climbing experience
- Full, clean driving licence
- An ability to follow strict health and safety procedure during the undertaking of sensitive contracts
- Two years’ climbing experience or more
- Unimog and/or tractor driving experience would be an advantage
- Workshop experience and on-site mechanical knowledge of machinery
- Emergency first aid at work.
- Experience and understanding of Health & Safety procedures.
- Equipment inspection procedures
- Felling of medium & large tree’s.
- 5 tonne driving license
- IPAF ticket for a MEWP
- B+E Trailer towing entitlement
- Rigging ticket
- NPORS or CPCS Excavator ticket
If you are interested in applying for one of our vacancies or an apprenticeship, please submit your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
If you are applying by post, please send to our Head Office:
Human Resources, Maydencroft Limited, Maydencroft Manor, Gosmore, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 7QA
Please note that your details may be kept on file for 12 months from application. To have your details removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'REMOVE ME' in the subject line using the same email address the application was sent from.
Unfortunately we are not able to acknowledge every application and will only contact successful candidates for initial interview.